Saturday, January 02, 2010

New Year Dinner

I told EG that I want to do something special for our new year dinner - not going out but trying to do bake salmon at home - since we know everywhere might be just jammed and crowded during this long holiday weekend.


We had simple breakfast & lunch at home while cleaning up our place. New Year should start with a clean house i think. :)... Cleaning up house is sometimes fun and have great satisfaction when the house is finally clean and dustless. But of course, it's tiring.

I found the simple recipe for baked salmon online with common ingredients. It only needs minced garlic, lemon, olive oil, parsley (I used dried parsley), dried basil, salt & black pepper.

We got our salmon from Jusco last week. I prepared the marinade, mix everything together, put the salmon in and left it in the fridge for 1 hour. In the meantime, I continued to help EG with the house cleaning task. :P


Marinade the salmon

Then, preheat the oven to 190 degrees and put the salmon + the marinade into aluminium foil. Seal them up and bake for 35-45 minutes. That's all. How easy right? :)... While waiting for the salmon to cook, I continue with the other side dishes - boiled brocolli with garlic powder & oregano, EG's favorite fried potatoes, and some coleslaw since I had some leftover cabbages in the fridge.

And Tada! Here's our new year dinner!

My dinner

EG's dinner with more potatoes

Oh the dinner was so filling. We were overly stuffed. But it tasted good! Yummy! :).. After dinner, we continued with the cleaning upstair and we completed everything around 10pm+. It felt so good with great satisfaction when we see the house is now clean and dustless! And by 11.20pm, both of us were soundly asleep after a whole day of exercising & cleaning. :)

What a good start of the first day of the year! :)

And today, my dear hubby is going to grant me a holiday by no cooking and bringing me out for meals. Yay! =)

No comments: