Sunday, September 21, 2008

LOVE

In our CG on last Friday, we learnt about LOVE - receiving love and giving it away. In Bible, John 13:34 says "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another". 1 John 4:7 says "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God".

Jon split up all the different definitions of LOVE in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a, and asked us to evaluate ourselves on how we're doing for each definition stated. EG and I used the same bible verses during our wedding ceremony 9 months ago. It means a lot to me as LOVE is one of the important elements in a happy marriage. Pastor also shared a short sermon about "Love is Patient" in our wedding ceremony. The learning on Friday just reminded me on what LOVE is again, not only to my own husband, but also to everyone around me.

Love is patient
Love is kind
It does not envy
It does not boast
It is not proud
It is not rude
It is not self-seeking
It is not easily angered
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.
Love never fails

爱 是 恒 久 忍 耐
又 有 恩 慈
爱 是 不 嫉 妒
爱 是 不 自 夸
不 张 狂
不 做 害 羞 的 事
不 求 自 己 的 益 处
不 轻 易 发 怒
不 计 算 人 的 恶
不 喜 欢 不 义 , 只 喜 欢 真 理
凡 事 包 容
凡 事 相 信
凡 事 盼 望
凡 事 忍 耐 。
爱 是 永 不 止 息 。

Beautiful verse.

No comments: