Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Reflection

No matter how I neglect my blog, on the last day of every year, I make sure I make time to write a few notes. :)

I just read through my write-up on my 2014 reflection. It's funny how human's memory works - well, it does make sense if I use the rational in the cartoon Inside Out - I somehow couldn't recall much of the messiness of 2014, but instead, I felt rather at peace in 2015.

For me, the greatest thing that happened in 2015 is probably that it has been a great year for Eunice in her first year of schooling in Australia. She has blended in so well that she has made so many friends, she's been so independent, and of course lots of praises and compliments from her teachers to her. We are very proud of her and also very relief that she's enjoying herself much in her first year of "formal" education. For us the parents, we were also grateful with the school system, and the parent representatives which has helped us adjusted so well into the new system and new routine. Now, I am much more efficient and relax in regards of the schooling works / system, as well as the daily preparing lunch boxes chore!

As for Nat, we changed her childcare since Aug 2015 and we have never been happier since then. She loves the new childcare (actually she loves the old one too!), but most importantly, both me and EG love the childcare a lot! They use Reggio Emilia approach, and because we all love it so much that we increased days of care for Nat from once a week to 3 times a week! And with this, we're now very happy to tick this item off our concern list.

For me, 2015 taught me to trust God in His providence. It is sometimes very amazing to see how God provides for our family! There ought to be some stressful times with all the uncertainties but I am really thankful how God has carried our family to sail through 2015 peacefully, and everytime I look at my girls' happy faces, or when I hear their happy laughter, I know it's all worth it. Psalm 46:10 - Be still, and know that I am God - has always been my comfort whenever I felt lost.

2015 also put me and EG's into a position to re-invest into our marriage. We agreed that we were so pampered back in Penang that we worked in the same company for 5 years, and we literally spent whole day together, eating and talking, communicating, doing things together all the time. But now, all these are luxuries. With the busy and hectic lifestyle here, it's hard to find chance to spend time with each other quietly and peacefully. I shared with my friends before that somehow, I felt that both my girls have grown up now and they don't really need me anymore. For the past 5 years, ever since I became a mother, my whole mind was all about my children. But now, I switched my attention back to my husband, which I am glad that he thinks the same. We tried to make effort to spend time with each other, and we will try harder next year.

So when I think back 2015, we don't have any major event but we did manage to tick off many things in our list. I feel much more settled in 2015 - which I am really thankful for. And I pray that God will continue to bless our little family in 2016!

Happy new year from all of us!!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Best post ever! Blessed New Year! :)