Thursday, October 05, 2006

Holiday... I Need....

Wow.. It has been a month since i last posted about the two Cancerian boys... Well, I doubt if a lot of people actually read my blog... Hehehe.... -_-"

I have been extremely busy since end of Q3, i.e. from September onwards. I was literally forced to upgrade few applications, including a mission critical one, in a short period of time.

There're just too many processes here. As I alwasy say, we disagree, but we have to commit. Sigh...

After I attended a local training in Mid September, I was back to office with tonnes of work listed in my to-do list. For every changes that you do to the production system, you'll need to go through two rounds of presentation to a trying-to-be-smart advisory board, where there are a lot of thought-they-are-very-smart people in there to question you a lot a lot of questions regarding your upgrade. Well, I cannot deny that this "stoobig" board serves their purposes, but it's making our lives harder as soemtimes they're asking too many questions. At the end of the day, we're just the executor. This is our worst nightmare.

For the past two weeks, I have been preparing the presentation documents / slides for those upgrades, performing testing to all the scripts, calibrate resources for implementation, providing training, drafted out escalation processes, get buy-off from stakeholders, attend meetings, try to please every counterparts from India, Cavite, US, etc etc... I am glad that even after all the bombings and questions from the board, my upgrades are still being approved, and I thank God that the implementation was successful, with no issue.

It might sound very easy here, but it's really hard to explain it in words on how all these causes nightmares in my sleep. I tend to sleep a lot when I am stress, so I have been sleeping 8-9 hours everyday.

I am getting tired of the processes in my work. The job is OK, it's challenging and interesting, but the process tires everybody. Anyway, after working for 4 years+, I know it's just another life cycle of the working life. Everyone gets demotivated after a while. Just like today, I am writing my blog in the office now (I hope my boss will never read my blog) because I am really exhausted after rushing for the past few days. I don't feel like doing anything now. I need to go for a HOLIDAY!! And I am going to LANGKAWI!! Well, I know it might not sound great, but still I really need a BREAK for me to move on... I still have 3 more system to upgrade after I come back next week, and the process repeats.... -_-"

It has been raining these days, I am praying hard that the weather will be good this weekend when I am in Langkawi!

Anyway, Happy MoonCake Festival to all of you!

No comments: