Wednesday, February 28, 2007

2007 New Year Shang Hai Trip

For the whole February, I think I spent half of the month overseas. 4 days after I came back from Cavite, I flew off to KL to meet my family and flew to China – Shang Hai to spend our Chinese New Year this year.

This is the first time my whole family went for a trip together so all of us were kinda excited. The tour agency told us that the weather in Shang Hai will be cold and we’re fully prepared with all our winter clothing, gloves, scarves, socks and everything that can keep ourselves warm.

It was 8 days 6 nights trip (2 nights on the flight) and I really enjoyed it. I have always been fascinated by China histories, and when I went to the real place, the feeling was just indescribable and I was just amazed and enjoyed the stories told by all the China tour guides when we visited each place. Believe it or not, I actually bought a notebook to write down the stories when we went to all the places as I really wish to remember all of them.

Of course we did not spend our full 8 days in Shang Hai itself. We also went to other places around Shang Hai, i.e. 苏州 (Su Zhou), 无锡 (Wu Xi), 南京 (Nan Jing), 杭州 (Hang Zhou). The places are full of people and the mood for Chinese New Year was just great. You can see lanterns everywhere, and fireworks almost every night. Besides, it’s winter (3 degrees to 10 degrees) and it’s really a total different experience for my whole family. Besides, our mandarin improves tremendously after the trip as the local tour guide used the most correct mandarin while explaining. My family had a real tough time understanding their mandarin as all the 8 words, 16 words, or even 32 words idioms / poems came out in almost all their sentences! LOL....

I can't tell you all the details of my trip. It'll take few days. So, enough crap. Picture time.


Our flight was at 2am on 15th Feb. The flight took 5 hours and we reached China Pudong Airport at around 7am+. And straight away we started our visitings.

Clockwise from top left: View from the flight at 5+am, @ airport waiting for our tour bus, my parents in Pudong Airport, a glimpse of Shang Hai traffic


Clockwise from top left: 上海城隍庙,上海黄浦公园,猪脚,苏州古运河


Top: They said Emperor Qian Long was lost here for 2 hours, 蚕丝(silk worm?)
Bottom: Fantastic place where the Romance of Three Kingdoms was filmed.

The only fireworks pic captured by my bravo bro and sis by standing outside the hotel, freezing and shaking, in the middle of the night on first day of CNY.

Clockwise from top left: They said this is the 8th son of the dragon, Nan Jing's rocks with the names on it, Hang Zhou Tea Farm, Hang Zhou Xi Hu

Last but not least: Shang Hai Night Views

During the trip, we had 2 digital cameras, and guess how many pictures we took for the 8 days trip? 1200++ pics, about a total of 1.6GB. Hmm... I am still thinking of how to filter the pictures to share with other friends. I guess I'll just share through my blog. :D

OK, finally all my holidays are over! It's time to concentrate in work as there're tonnes of things waiting for me to complete!!

Oh ya, before I forgot my promise on my Oakley's picture:

My sister, my china tour guide, me with my Oakley and my mum

Lastly, before the CNY ends, Gong Xi Fa Caii to everyone. Wish all of you have a blessed new year in 2007!



No comments: