Saturday, August 16, 2008

Breakfast with my Best Friend :P

EG was very excited when he discovered a new place for breakfast last weekend while waiting for me doing my facial. So this weekend, he brought me there. It's actually a Malay stall by a small street near Lebuh Pantai, right opposite HSBC, beside Standard Chartered Bank. There aren't many cars passing by the street so it's not as dirty.

This place not as crowded as other places. It's cool as Standard Chartered is TALL, it blocks all the sun rays. There were quite a bit of people having their breakfast there (last week and this week), and you can listen to other people's conversation, if you want to :P. Somehow we felt it's peaceful, and quiet, and nice. But this is also another sign of getting older.....

Anyway, we had 2 teh ais with less sugar, one nasi lemak (my favorite!!), EG's favorite toast bread with half boiled eggs (best breakfast in the world konon :P), and a big plate of Pasembor. The pasembor is served hot as the gravy was cooked on the spot - and it is full of ingredients.

Drinks with nasi lemak, My yummy nasi lemak,
Toast bread & eggs, Pasembor


The street, the stall (see HSBC?),
Ah Pek aka my best friend with the newspaper while breakfast-ing,
Standard Chartered right opposite me.

It can be rather awkward if I keep snapping pictures while others are having their breakfast. They probably take breakfast at the same place every day, or week. Would you laugh at someone who take pics @ Mc Donald in Queensbay or One-U? Hmm... So I have to be quick in taking all these pics in the least obvious way by using my faithful handphone with 2MP camera. While EG was paying, I quickly snapped around the stalls.

The food varities - some kuih, nasi lemak, bihun, hard boiled eggs

This is where they "grill" the toast bread - how often do you see this? It's my first time though ;P

The stall

If you still wonder this place is, I took a picture of the street too. You might need to click on the pic for bigger view. It's at Union Street. And the Pasembor stall is right there.

The pasembor stall @ Lebuh Union


We had a good car park - this is the view of the famous Beach Street in Penang (Lebuh Pantai) for you to find the place

Everytime when we pass through this area, EG and I will be rather excited as this is where we took our outdoor wedding pictures (Yayaya, we still talk about it :P). On the way back home, we drove through the spot where we had one of our poses. We were rather surprised that they have renovated the place and it looked totally different now! So... no couple could take pics at that spot anymore... And now, pictures are the only memories that we have.

The new look

One of our wedding pictures - See the changes.
It's quite amusing that the poster is still there :P


EG said maybe one day we should go back to the same place and pose the same, and post it up for "spot-the-difference" game. Duh.... Anyway, I enjoyed my breakfast (Well, it should be brunch) with my only best friend in Penang - my hubby la... :P

No comments: