Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Morning Light

I am off to Philippines for business trip *again*. This has been the 4th time I travel here since I join the current company, and it is also going to be my 6th and 7th week here.

Not many in my office likes to come to Philippines. Simply because of the waking up time. Most of us will choose to stay at Makati - the most modern city in the country, with 5-stars hotels and nice restaurants around. However, our factory plant located at Cavite - which is probably ~50km from Makati. The problem is, there isn't highways connecting these two cities. OK, there is high way, but most of the time we were traveling on small, one way, winding roads, with kinda scary traffic. As a result, we need at least 1.5 to 2 hours to reach office.

Thank God that this round my training starts at 8am. And thank God that there's a new highway between Makati and Cavite that ensure us to reach office by 8am if we leave by 6.30am. For my previous 3 trips, I have been waking up at 4.30am to catch the shuttle at 5.15am in order to reach office at 7am. (!!!!!) Having said that, now I have to wake up latest by 5.30am to take breakfast from 6am to 6.30am - at least I can enjoy the buffet breakfast in the hotel! I used to tapao.

This morning, I snapped some pictures from my hotel room at 5.30am. In Malaysia, during this time, it will still be very dark. But here, the day gets bright early, and of course it gets dark early too. Most of the peolpe here wake up by 5am+, and sleep at 10pm+. And most of their shopping malls close ~9pm.

The view right opposite my room

Left side

Right side

I still have 10 days here. Thank God again that when I reach back Penang, it'll be a long weekend as Monday is a Holiday. I will have all my time for my beauty sleeeeeeeeeeep.... :)

No comments: